Chronic Inflammation and the Anti-Inflammatory Potential of CBD
Inflammation is a defense mechanism, a call to your immune system to heal or repair an injury, illness, or infection. The pain, redness, and fluid accumulation associated with an inflammatory response commonly subside as your body heals. This is the type of inflammation you are likely most familiar with, acute inflammation.
When your immune system responses continue longer than necessary or occur in areas of your body where these defense mechanisms are unnecessary, inflammation can have a negative impact on your overall health. Most people aren’t familiar with chronic inflammation. Research suggests chronic inflammation is responsible for numerous health concerns, from cardiac disease to some forms of cancer.
If concerns about the potential health consequences of inflammation have motivated you to find effective ways to reduce your risk, consider the anti-inflammatory potential of adding hemp CBD to your daily routine.
Chronic Inflammation Causes Numerous Health Complications
Chronic inflammation can linger for months or years at a time without causing symptoms. Researchers believe chronic inflammation is the result of dietary choices, physical and emotional stress, environmental triggers, family history, and more. In fact, there are numerous health concerns linked to persistent, low-grade inflammation. This includes:
- Coronary artery disease (atherosclerosis)
- Asthma and sinusitis
- Heart attack and stroke
- Autoimmune system disorders (including rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and lupus)
- Digestive disturbances and irritable bowel syndrome
- Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia
- Depression, fatigue, and weight gain
- Some forms of cancer
There are several medications for acute inflammation and autoimmune disorders. However, there are currently no medications designed to reduce the low-level inflammatory responses triggered by stress, sugar, trans fats, obesity, free radical damage, and more. Even if there were, most medications have a long list of potential side effects. Many people would rather rely on nature.
The Anti-Inflammatory Potential of Hemp CBD
CBD (cannabidiol) is a safe, natural plant element found in cannabis. Indeed, most CBD is extracted from non-psychoactive, industrial hemp. CBD works by interacting with the receptors of your endocannabinoid system (ECS). As the largest regulatory system in your body, your ECS regulates everything from your moods and emotions to the function of your immune system and its inflammatory responses.
Research shows this non-intoxicating cannabinoid has anxiolytic, analgesic, anti-emetic, anti-tumor, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, the anti-inflammatory potential could be one of the most intriguing aspects of hemp-derived products.
Although evidence supporting the anti-inflammatory potential of this plant-based cannabinoid is based on laboratory tests, animal studies, and user testimonials, the results are quite compelling. Research shows CBD could minimize inflammation in several ways. Consider the value of the following observations:
- CBD Inhibits the COX enzymes that produce inflammatory messengers, including the production of leukotrienes and prostaglandins, key regulators for initiating and maintaining inflammatory responses.
- Cannabidiol Inhibits the breakdown of anandamide, one of the two main endocannabinoids produced in your body. Further, anandamide is a powerful inflammatory regulator. In recent evaluations, researchers concluded that anandamide diminishes inflammation.
- When tested in experimental models of autoimmune disorders, including rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and colitis, cannabinoids are shown to trigger multiple anti-inflammatory pathways.
- CBD activates vanilloid receptors. Indeed, this is a TRPV receptor responsible for regulating key inflammatory messengers. The interaction between CBD and vanilloid receptors is also shown to influence temperature regulation and pain perception.
Adding High-Quality CBD to Your Daily Routine
Far too many people are living with chronic inflammation. In fact, current research suggests the anti-inflammatory potential of CBD could reduce the impact of chronic inflammation, potentially protecting you from the detrimental effects.
If you’ve been considering adding the anti-inflammatory potential of CBD to your daily routine, it’s important to know that the quality of the products you select will have a significant impact on your CBD experience. Indeed, that’s why it’s important to select high-quality CBD from reputable manufactures that verify the potency and purity of their products through an independent third-party lab.
Learn More About CBD’s Effect on Chronic Inflammation and the Anti-Inflammatory
For third-party tested, hemp-derived CBD in La Crosse, WI, visit CannaBiz Depot or shop with us online. We offer a large assortment of CBD products from some of the most trusted companies in the hemp industry, including our own private label CannaBiz Depot CBD products. Further, to ensure the purity, potency, and safety, third parties test all CBD products we offer.
You may also want to consider our inventory of hemp clothing and accessories, hemp foods, beverages, and hemp bath and beauty products. CannaBiz Depot is your one-stop source for all things hemp, an environmentally friendly, renewable resource.